The National PTA Is Ready to Help You Thank Your Teachers During Teacher Appreciation Week
“It’s in these challenging times that we truly recognize and appreciate how our nation’s educators play such a pivotal role in our children’s lives—inspiring a lifelong love of learning and discovery and making a difference in their well-being and long-term success.”
- Statement from The National PTA for Teacher Appreciation Week 2020
The National PTA’s Teacher Appreciation Week has been held every May since 1984. It is happening this year from May 4 through May 8 but as you have noticed, this year is a lot different from all those that have come before. Students are taking classes at home, and many states have announced that school will be canceled for the rest of the 2019-20 school year.
So if you want to thank a teacher this year of home schooling and online classes, what can you do? Fortunately, the National PTA has partnered with Office Depot to develop some free creative solutions for you, and has made many of them available on the PTA website, including . . .
- Animated “Thank a Teacher” GIFS to post on social media
- A selection of creative downloadable graphics that can be used on social media to deliver messages of thanks to teachers
- A Pinterest board that is chock-full of creative cards and special thank-you ideas that students have created for their teachers
- Certificates that educators in your town can customize and send to teachers to offer encouragement and appreciation
- Digital and printable thank-you cards that can be downloaded, customized, and sent to teachers
- A selection of free downloadable virtual backgrounds that students can use when recording videos to thank their teachers
To Learn More about Career Planning and Jobs of the Future
We invite teachers and high school students to participate in our career and college research studies. Students who complete the free career test for high school students will receive information on college and career opportunities matched to their interests.
Teacher Satisfaction Matters