February 2022 is CTE Month, presented by the Association for Career & Technical Education. A number of events and special programs are on the agenda this year, thanks to the sponsorship of the National Association of Home Builders.
How can you take advantage of this year’s CTE Month to increase your students’ interest in technical education and careers?
Here are some suggestions.
- Download the CTE Month logo for use with print or digital outreach.
- Encourage policymakers and the media to attend events and tell your CTE story, or use social media to do the same.
- Participate in the CTE Month-NASA HUNCH Student Video Challenge: How Can Space Exploration Solve Climate Change?
- Work with business and industry leaders to ensure they understand the role CTE plays in readying their future workforce.
- Have your students participate in the national CTE college and career pathway study.
- Review the latest student research on CTE trends.
Resources for Hosting a Compelling School Visit by Working Technical Professionals
Consider inviting members of your local community to learn about your school’s CTE programs firsthand. The Association for Career & Technical Education is making a number of materials available to make school visits more effective, including:
- A sample press release template
- Fact sheets
- An advocacy toolkit
- A selection of CTE Month merchandise
Your Students Are Invited to Explore Their College & Career Options with Us . . .
Students who participate in the National Career & College Pathway Study will gain new insights about making educational decisions that align with their interests, passions, and aptitudes. Participants will receive information on college and career opportunities that match their interests.