Artificial Intelligence is generating a lot of buzz these days. Your students may be interested in it, but do they understand what AI really is and how it is used in business, medicine, the military, and other applications? Do they understand basic AI concepts like machine learning, neural networks, and predictive diagnostics?
High school students who are interested in AI could take online courses that are being offered currently by a number of universities. The problem is that those courses tend to be expensive.
We recently found a good alternative – the AI courses that are offered online by Coursera. They are all well designed. And they are all free, even though some charge a fee for students who want to earn certificates.
Free AI Courses from Coursera
Here are some of the free AI courses that Coursera offers online:
- Algorithms, Part 1 – Covers the essential information that programmers need to know about algorithms and data structures.
- Deep Learning for Business – Explores the DL (Deep Learning) and ML (Machine Learning) technologies that are finding increasing use in business and industry.
- Machine Learning Foundations: A Case Study Approach – Explores machine learning through a series of practical case studies.
- Machine Learning – Provides a broad introduction to machine learning, data mining, and statistical pattern recognition.
- Neural Networks and Deep Learning – Teaches the foundations of neural networks and deep learning. Upon completion of this course, students will understand neural network architecture.
To Learn More about STEM Programs and STEM Career Options
We invite all students to explore their career options by participating in our career and college research studies. Students who complete the free career test for high school students will receive information on college and career opportunities matched to their interests.